Stirlitz Media Logger (SML) is TV & radio after-broadcast/compliance logging software that is different from other solutions, it is friendly for non-tech users and engineers alike. SML is software running on a standard Windows server (local or in the cloud), ideal for capturing single or multiple SD, HD or UHD channels off MPEG-TS over IP (H.264 & H.265). It’s scalable, affordable, easy to use and most of all, rock solid.
The unique Timeline based SML Player gives authorized users instant access to any part of the recordings. It is the most user-friendly Player on the market, suitable for non-tech users as well as engineers and producers. The webPlayer runs in modern web browsers on workstations and mobile devices (iOS & Android). Power users can opt for the Windows desktop Player.
Integrate SML with 3rd party software, by using the SML webPlayer API that allows you to add webPlayer elements to any browser based interface, or to call for exports from the recorded logs.
The Stirlitz Media monitoring software suite includes:
- Logger: capture, store and access multiple video, audio and metadata sources
- IP Multiviewer: display one to many video sources in mosaics on one or more screens
- MPEG-TS Monitor: full stream analysis, reporting, error and statistics logging, flexible alarms
- IP Master Control Room: DVB & IP broadcast monitoring, visualization and multi-level QC.
The Stirlitz Media team has deep knowledge of IP video and audio and we use it to provide our clients with custom solutions for their projects. All our product is software-only and available for testing at no charge.
Main features SML 7:
- up to 64 SD/HD/UHD video video channels per server (with multiple audio & video proxies)
- up to 256 audio channels per server
- embedded and/or external metadata
- GPI events
- access recordings through SML webPlayer or desktop SML Player seconds after recording
- on Windows/OS X/Linux workstations & Android/iOS devices through browser based HTML5 SML webPlayer
- on Windows workstations through SML Player (desktop application)
- embedded in 3rd party applications, through SML webPlayer API
- SML Server software can run as a service or as desktop application
- SML is optimized for operation in cloud
- SML Server software runs on Windows Server 2019, 2016, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (also supported: Server 2012/2012 R2/2008 R2; Windows 7 Pro)
- capture through IP: MPEG-TS UDP/RTP/HTTP, HLS, RTSP, NDI
- capture through encoder/receiver: any source, including SDI, HDMI, CVBS, DVB–S/S2/T/C, ISDB, ATSC, ASI
- capture through Blackmagic Decklink: SDI, HDMI, Analog (software H.264)
- codec support: H.265, H.264 (incl. 4:2:2 10bit), MPEG2, AC3, E-AC3, AAC, AAC+
- local audio through sound cards
- AES67 (including Axia, Dante, Wheatnet) - direct capture, up to 24bit
- IP audio through drivers
- radio off-air through multi-channel tuner cards
- embedded metadata from MPEG-TS: EPG, Teletext, multi-language subtitles, SCTE35
- text-based as-run logs from all major play-out systems
- loudness & report breaches (EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-1, ITU-R BS.1770-3)
- GPI events off IP (SCTE35) or external devices
- manual, from SML (web)Player
- automated/scripted, through Stirlitz Media Podcaster
- on demand, through webAPI
- export formats, video: MPEG-TS (if source is MPEG-TS), MP4 and MOV (original or recompressed video or audio), WMV; audio: MP3, WAV, WMV with timecode (API only)